Beacon Report

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:31:11 -0500

--------------B940723EDD82E94C1D612D24

Jim Martin wrote:

> Andre
> Just got a new Palomar VLF Converter and copied your beacon
> VVV VVV WA2XTF/12 WA2XTF/12 PLEASE QSL TO N4ICK AT AMRAD.ORG
> Date/Time:  2100Z March 1 2000
> Location: EN91jm (Cleveland, OH)
> Report: Q5 at the noise level
> Equipment: Drake R4C with 150' wire (inverted L)
> Understand your beacon project may end this month, is that true?
>
> 73 Jim W8AC

Hello Jim.,

Thanks for the reception report. You are the first person from the
Cleveland area reporting having received our transmissions.
The WA2XTF/12 beacon is located in Front Royal Virginia.  We run 175
watts into a 1200 ft long wire, about 20ft off the ground.  (more
details of that particular set-up, as well as other LF experiments we
are conducting, can be found at http://www.amrad.org/projects/lf

Should you be interested in things LF, you can also join our LF
reflector, by logging on to
http://www.amrad.org/mailman/listinfo/lf

Incidentally were you using a DSP program displaying our messages on a
computer screen., or were you actually listening to the morse
transmissions (at a 4-seconds dot length ?)

Should you want a QSL card, please let me have your mailing address.
Regards and thanks again

Andre' N4ICK

Andre' N4ICK --------------B940723EDD82E94C1D612D24--