Dayton

Randy Mays randy@pobox.com
Sun, 21 May 2000 23:31:26 -0400

Hi,

    We had a great time at Dayton this year.  The weather cooperated on
Friday, Friday evening, and Saturday (and today for the drive back).  Some
of the booths were getting big crowds.  The RigBlaster people were taking
orders as fast as they could.  I felt sorry for HAL with all the new RTTY
stuff being done in sound cards.

    The annual AMRAD cookout attracted a good crowd this year.  We had
people from as far away as California, Texas, and Montana.

    The USAF museum has the Northrop stealth demonstration model now, the
plane that looks like a whale.  Very interesting design used to check out
the stealth properties of curved surfaces.

    We used 1.2 GHz HTs to communicate.  There was no interference, and it
worked all around the arena and the swap meet area.  Nice band.

    There did not seem to be as many people there this year.  Someone
thought that the e-bay Web site was cutting into swap meet sales - an
interesting theory.

    One firm was selling an LF converter.

73, Randy W6RAM