Really big coils- VA3LK

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc@snet.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:14:34 -0400

Hello Folks,

I wonder if anyone has tried building a really big coil out of CATV line.
I can easily be formed into 3 or 4 foot dia circles and even more. With the
right lenght to
dia. ratio yield a very hi Q coil.  The cable diameter .5" to 1.125" and is
relatively light.

Might be OK for base loading.  Any ideas on this crazy scheme.

Also has anyone heard VA3LK on 137.710.   I am very dissapointed that I
cannot hear/see him using
Spectran 4.0 and a 200 foot long wire.  I heard that there was a good signal
in Western PA and also that someone
1100 miles away recently copied him  I gotta be doing something wrong.
137.710 correct with 800 Hz  CW note?
Also no sign of his friend 14 Hz down.

I am open to suggestions... please help

Thanks
Paulc
W1VLF

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
Rescue Electronic Surplus http://www.rescueelectronics.com

1982 Vanagon Diesel  Turbo Diesel 1.9
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
First place in local tractor pulls  at 1750 LBS
With Stock E-20 Electric tractor