Noise source

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:51:13 -0400

For those of you traveling through the Tysons Corner area
(Northern Virginia, just outside the I-495 Beltway at 9
o'clock), there is an experiment that awaits your
investigations.

If you drive in a NW direction on Old Courthouse Road and
approach its intersection with Rt. 123, you will see Howard
Avenue on your right. At that point, you will find, should
you be listening on AM, either to WMAL 630 or to WTOP on
1500 KHz, that your reception is almost totally obliterated
by a AM noise source.

Questions:
a) what is the source?
b) should someone complain to the FCC?
(IMHO, if we, amateur operators, do not chase sources of
noise, we will soon be unable to do anything of SW, because
ISDN, ADSL etc. will have taken over the airwaves)

73
Andre' N4ICK