International Space Station in cross-band repeater mode!!

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Jul 22 11:33:14 CDT 2005

"A. Maitland Bottoms" <aa4hs at amrad.org> writes:

> Iain McFadyen writes:
>  > One example is Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD).  (I'm sure there are others too).
>  >
>  > HRD is free.
>
>>From the web page FAQ:
> "The source code is not available for porting as it is not in the public domain. It is the exclusive copyright of Simon Brown."
>
> in my circles, that classifies as "non-free".

HRD appears to be free-as-in-beer, not free-as-in-speech.

As counterpoint, in my circles, MIT and Berkeley licenses classify as
"free" whilst GPL and LGPL classify as "non-free".  Of course, in my
circles, politics about the license take a back seat to "sharp tools".
Witness the Mac that I'm typing on...

Let's bring on the license wars on Tacos! :)

                                        ---Rob