maintenance request was Re: International Space Station in cross-band repeater mode!!

A. Maitland Bottoms bottoms at radar.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jul 22 11:17:31 CDT 2005

Samudra Haque writes:
 > having a difficult time in sorting through the incoming e-mail
 > messages from the tacos mailing list, as the subject header doesn't
 > include a common entry like most mailing lists on the internet, such
 > as:
 >

 > [TACOS] Re: International Space Station in cross-band repeater mode!!
 >
 > This is great, since then we can set various e-mail applications to
 > sort the incoming mail according to the subject header, and then also
 > to differentiate the Tacos/Amrad mail from the other junk mail that
 > arrives in the mailboxes ?
 >
 > Just a thought!
 > -samudra

The list is using RFC 2919 and RFC 2369 methods for these things.

someday these techniques will catch on...

At times I've been irked by personal messages (inspired by
a mailing list posting) getting filed by a Subject filter into
my list folder rather than where I think they should be.

 The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

-Maitland