January ARRL VHF contest results

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 11:07:33 CDT 2005

Good day!

Is anyone reading their August 2005 QST? If so you may have noticed a familiar
callsign:

<http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2005/Jan-VHF.pdf>

Skip over the preamble about the rotten weather, skip over the picture of the
WC4J superstation, and skip the results of the Affiliated Club competition.
Likewise, skip the Top Ten, and the Regional Scores tables,... keep going
down, further and further... till you reach the bottom of page "101". Then
look in the last two column inches of the center column:

AMRAD's club station, W4CIA, was fifth in our chosen category in Virginia.

Score:   2808 points
(128 contacts with 18 multipliers).
Active on three bands 50/144/432 only.

Not bad, given the terrible conditions locally, and the fact that we operated
from average terrain (Frank's parking lot), with the mast in the fully-down
position.

Thanks to everyone who supplied pre-event support and day-of-event manpower!

73

Iain   KI4HLV