Marine Corps Marathon: Assistance needed

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 15:48:34 CDT 2005

Good Day Tacoistas!!

As discussed at Tippys on several occasions, and at Roccos following the club
meetings, AMRAD has made a commitment to provide the communications facilities
at one of the Aid Stations along the route of the Marine Corps Marathon on
Sunday October 30.

Priority one, as of today, is to gather names of those people who will be
assisting at the site. Apart from Frank K0BRA and myself KI4HLV, we need a few
more volunteers to man the site. Peoples names have to be submitted, to allow
the MCM organisers to do preliminary security checks.

Duties may include:...

** Operating the Packet terminal, keying in information at a PC keyboard.

** Operating a VHF station, and participate in a directed Voice Net.

** Providing support for the two operators above, by assisting with the
operation of either system, setting up/tearing down the station, maintaining a
power source, running messages back and forth from the radio station to the
Chief Medic at the site, etc...

Would those persons interested in helping us provide this station please reply
to me as soon as possible with
  full name,
  callsign,
  SSN,
  home address.

And if you plan on taking a vehicle onto the route, the vehicle description
(eg: GMC Sonoma , pickup, Red) and license plate details. Otherwise, vehicles
can be left at the gathering point (near the Navy Annex), and we can
carpool/"vanpool" from there to the assigned location. Vehicles left near the
Navy Annex do not require to be registered.

We hope to recruit at least two volunteers, but more volunteers will be gladly
accepted.

Time is now of the essence, so please respond as soon as you can, and thanks
for volunteering. We'll have a great time! As well as the necessary badges,
box lunches are provided by MCM to registered volunteers.

Frank and I also plan on having a workday at the Lab, to work on the Van and
prepare for the event. This is probably going to be on Sunday 9 October, so
please mark your calendars!

73

Iain McFadyen    KI4HLV

Secretary, AMRAD.