Fw: Re: whats this all about Part 2 echo link

riese-k3djc at juno.com riese-k3djc at juno.com
Sat Oct 22 15:39:07 CDT 2005

For another Tech question,,, I use Verizon DSL and am on some of the
pretty early CO equipment
and other than opening my home router ports  was able to use Echo Link no
problems. I am on 3000K
up loads

Now at 14 bux a month another friend is on 750 K and is Unable to open up
the proper ports
to use Echo Link
turns out they :" Verizon " have them on what is apparently a CO router
as their
"to the public " address is a different address than what you get when
doing "Find My IP address"
my assumption is that the CO has equipment that allows multi 700 K user
access to one
max speed DSL port . I was unable to get a hold of any friends that still
are working
but will follow up Monday. I suggested that K3IIB contact Verizon and
request that they open up
the proper ports

And BTW for 14 bux the Verizon 750K DSL service does work well

Atom Films are great

Bob K3DJC

Just was at http://www.atomfilms.com/
last night.  Those just use windows media player, still a lot of fun.
I am now shopping for a HDTV and have been amazed at the offerings out
there.  Apparently 1080p is being sold, but I have no idea where you
would get the programming. Also many of the sets offer firewire IEEE
1394 inputs, does this mean you can play DV direct from your camcorder
or hard disk?
What have people bought so far? I mean any personal experiences with
HDTV would be welcome.

--
......... beatnic at comcast.net .......