My first time HF mobile operation in 25 years!!

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 19:35:40 CST 2005

I'm looking forward to my first HF mobile operation in over 20 years:

I have just received confirmation that I shall be flying to Austin, TX on
Sunday 11th, and leaving Texas on Sunday 18th, driving back to VA. Possibly
arriving back on Tuesday 20th (really depends when we leave TX on Sunday).

I'll be in one of these: http://www.ecrv4703.org . Hope to have 500w SGC HF
linear running, with auto ATU and either a Kenwood TS-2000, or Icom 706. (The
Icom 706 is accessible from the passenger seat, the TS-2000 is only accessible
from the radio operator position in the back).

I also wish that there was a method of overlaying the VHF/UHF repeater
coverage prediction charts over the GPS moving map display... for the whole
route TX-VA! Otherwise I'm going to be going loopy fingering through the ARRL
repeater directory!

Iain  KI4HLV