(no subject)

D. Hansen hansen@qwestinternet.net
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 12:54:33 -0600

Dear AMRAD,

I'm an electrical engineer and work in the data storage industry.  For
years I've wanted to apply the technology I use at work to an amateur
radio application.  I was wondering if possibly contributing to one of
your projects would be a good way to accomplish that goal.

Here are my areas of expertise:

1) Design of analog ASIC (and discrete) circuits,
2) Development of new read channel architectures, and
3) Development of software models for simulating and evaluating read
channels.

I've been interested in finding a way to adapt the "maximum likelihood"
detection methods used in disk and tape drives to binary radio
communication (such as code).  What do you think?  How do you think I
could best contribute to AMRAD's projects?

Doug Hansen
WB6RGC